Wednesday, June 30, 2010

new


It is another awesome and HOT day in Yosemite valley! Here has been my day so far:

1. wake up at 6:30

2. Jesus time by the river in my crazy creek

2.5. Talked to Morgan Besares on the phone (total highlight)

3. Breakfast with Courtney at seven, read the word together

4. Climbing with Broc at Swan Slabs where I lead my first trad route!! whoohh!! Unfortunately now I want my own trad rack

5. Went to work at 12:30

6. Did an Ahwahnee tour and my boss Meghan came to coach me. She had great things to say and I feel good about it! yay!

7. Ate snacks, going on break in a bit. Then I will do a Wee Wild Ones program at six, give an evening film program at eight thirty, and probably go hang out with folks or go for a night hike or boulder session maybe.

= Good day

Last night I did my first Astronomy program! I think it went really well and it was a whole lot of fun. I got to use the awesomely powerful laser pointer and the cool glow in the dark constellation maps. I had about 30 or so people come, and I even got tipped ten dollars! I cant believe how much I have learned and am able to teach to folks in such a small amount of time. It is a lot of fun, and I definitely think i'm meant to be an educator/interpreter of some form or fashion. Meghan gave me some good feedback on improving my Ahwahnee tour, so I'm going to work on that some more. It is good to learn from her and Emily bc they are really great at what they do.


Hilarious facts of the past few days:

1. Got asked to be a running model by Meghan for her boyfriend's article in trail running magazine on friday and told to wear "cute running clothes!!" haha

2. I ran about 10 miles yesterday morning and during that 10 miles, I ran up on 3 old ladies peeing on the trail. All different spots and different ladies.

3. I went to a concert/dance party-the band was called "pimps of joytime"


Looking forward to Dottie getting here on Monday and my Mom and Jim coming on Wednesday to see me in action and have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment