Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Workin Workin


This week I have two new programs to work on. My kids program on bears is going really well, tonight I had 25 kids there! Crazy! I also did the evening film program and Curry Village and had almost 100 people in the crowd. Tomorrow I do my first twighlight stroll, which is about how Yosemite came to become the national park it is today by the passion and experiences that folks like John Muir, Galen Clark, Teddy Roosevelt, and Steven Mather had while they were visiting/living/ exploring here. I hope it goes well. I have a lot of work to do before tomorrow night! I am also starting to work on my Astronomy program and the tour of the Ahwahnee Hotel for next week. SO, as you can see, it is pretty busy. I have to use my brain a LOT which is good.The biggest thing I am learning about myself is that I am unfortunately, slightly perfectionist. I can't stand the fact that my program might not be really good the first time I do it. But, I am starting to see that it takes patience, trial and error, and that it is a process- which for those of you who know me well, know I don't do great with patience and trial and error.

So I am learning a ton right now about tons of things...myself included.

Bummer, my bike broke again. that sucks.

But all else is well. I went on a run to the top of Vernal falls yesterday, and that was incredible! There is so much power in that waterfall...its huge!

I was so sore from carrying a backpack everywhere and running up mountains, so this morning I took one of the free Yoga classes at the wellness center. It was pretty fun, and I met a cool girl that I will probably hang out with again this week and go climbing!

Miss all of you. Been encouraged by these words this week Isaiah 26

You will keep in perfect peace

all who trust in you,

all whose thoughts are fixed on you!

4 Trust in the Lord always,

for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.

5 He humbles the proud and brings down the arrogant city.

He brings it down to the dust.

6 The poor and oppressed trample it underfoot,

and the needy walk all over it.
7 But for those who are righteous,

the way is not steep and rough. You are a God who does what is right,

and you smooth out the path ahead of them.

8 Lord, we show our trust in you by obeying your laws;

our heart’s desire is to glorify your name.



I will try to post pictures soon of me in my super nerdy orange shirt uniform with grandma pants, and pics of me cruising around Yosemite valley in the little electric mini car. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment