Monday, June 28, 2010

have I really been here over a month?




So finally an update on what is been going on this week in the life of Bekah. Here is a list of the highlights...


1. Spontaneously decided to hike the eight or nine miles to half dome at 1:00 in the morning, barely used a light bc of the full moon, got to the top of the 9,000ft granite hunker right when sun was poking its brilliant colors over the snowy sierra nevada horizon, ate a pb and bananna sandwich and drink a blue moon with my roomate becky, got to talk real about Jesus and apologize for how the church sucks a lot sometimes at showing who He is


2. Moved on Saturday over to the other side of the river where all the other people my age are, its a party all the time so its fun. Spent some quality time and had some good convos with my friend Courtney who is now my neighbor- Totally a friendship the Lord put together out of nowhere.


3. Got to go on Sunday to the service by Christian ministries in national parks- The three students that do that are now my neighbors as welll... God told me to pray over them, I did, hope I can help them out in the future with their stuff


4. Went climbing with broc on Friday and scrambled up to the middle Yosemite Falls that no one ever sees bc its hidden...stood in the mist and got soaked but it was awesome


5. Saw the freaking moonbow (full moon's light reflects off of yosemite falls mist and creates this crazy awesome bright rainbow in the middle of the night!)


6. Totally winged my first family stroll with pretty much NO preparation, and it didn't suck that bad!


7. Got my first "stary skies over yosemite" program tomorrow night and I'm super stoked


8. Dottie is coming a Week from today, and my mom and Jim are coming next wednesday to see me!!!!!!!!!!


9. Fighting for my joy and got it back


10. Learning a freakin ton


11. Missing carolina beaches, my brother and sister, and my sweet friends

No comments:

Post a Comment