Tuesday, June 22, 2010

my life is a movie


This week has been crazy but good! I'll start with my days off.... of course... Friday my roomate let me borrow her car, so me and courtney drove to Oakhurst (bout an hour outside the park) and took my bike to the shop and got new bearings on the back wheel so i can finally ride my bike! yay! We ate at this sweet hamburger joint that had zuccinni fries. Found a discount grocery to shop, and then went up to the Mariposa grove of Giant Sequioas and saw all the big monster trees! Stopped by wawona and saw Amelia for a little bit at her campsite. She seems to be doing well, her job is real cool!

Saturday I slept in then decided to go on a little solo trail run adventure. I ended up going up Yosemite falls, over to North Dome, then down Snow Creek Trail. It was a burly day but awesome, about 2o Miles! North Dome is the coolest view, google it if you have time.

As far as work goes..whooh...its a challenge. Fun though. I did my first twilight stroll the other night, titled "any place wild". The first one went HORRIBLE! it was so choppy and gross, so I was kinda discouraged. But the second time I did it was SO much better. I even got tipped $10!

Last night's wasn't the best, I have a lot to work on it...I want to change it up a good bit to make it more exciting for all audiences. Right now it is geared toward the adult city slicker that likes nature.

Today I am working on a new evening program about managed wildfire in Yosemite, as well as beginning to work on my astronomy program. My first "Stary Skies over Yosemite" program is This Sunday night! I have a TON to learn before then.

Yesterday was my first Tour of the Ahwahnee Hotel, and that went great. I felt really confident in my interp and I felt like the visitors were diggin it. I needed a confidence booster for sure.

As far as what I am learning...just get an idea, go with it, perfect it later. Trial and Error. Its been great experience for sure.

So that is what I have been up to...just livin the dream. I feel like sometimes my life is a movie that i am watching.

Like last night, I went climbing with some friends around 11:00 in the light of a almost full moon. We did the classic Yosemite granite crack climb. We sat out on a ledge for a long time, loking over the stary valley, and all I could say was, "wow, God." I am blessed beyond measure.

PS...I got some AWESOME packages this week (ahuh... aunt sandra and amy berry) I can't tell you how much love that made me feel. I am so so so blessed.

miss you all

b

1 comment:

  1. yay! i'm so glad you got it! and what a GREAT week- the Lord is so faithful! love you.

    ReplyDelete