Sunday, August 1, 2010

another sierra adventure


This weekend brought about another great sierra adventure! A very generous friend let me borrow his car, so Friday morning early I took off up to Tuolumne to climb with Broc, Glen, and Meghan. Broc was awesome and took off the wall early to come and meet up with me and let me lead some stuff. I lead a 5.6 crack called "puppy dome" to warm up, then later in the day we went to Daft Dome and I lead a few 5.7 and 5.8 cracks, and one had a fun 5.9 slab portion with a lot of Glacial Polish that was super cool! Learning to lead Trad was a big goal for me this summer, and I'm so thankful that Broc took the time to help me learn! Awesome!

Saturday I woke up early and drove over the Tioga pass to meet up with Meghan (my boss) and Bryan her bf to go for a long, Eastern Sierra running adventure. We did about a 20 mile loop that was absolutely indescribable. Big canyons, lots of high alpine lakes that are emerald green to deep turquiose blue in color, lined with almost white granite. Lush green high alpine meadows with thousands of colors and shapes and sizes of brilliant wildflowers. It was so beautiful. Beyond anything I have ever laid my eyes on! We ended the day with a beastly run down, a recovery in June lake, and a big pizza and a beer to top it off!

It was so fun to be with such awesome people. I am so thankful for Meghan, she has really made my summer such a sweet time. It is really fun to be around her!

My time is winding down and I have about 10 more days left in Yosemite! Crazy it has gone by so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment