Tuesday, July 13, 2010

(internship post here guys) interpretation is like an onion...it has layers -donkey from shrek


Had my mid-season evaluation meeting with my supervisor yesterday. It was really encouraging. She instilled a lot of confidence in me and encouraged me to go out on a limb, take risks, and try new things. I also got some good feedback on things I can work on, like my nervous "stepping" habit and my funky transitions.

tasks for this week:

1. figure out how to make my stroll about John Muir's "saunterings" and the management balancing act of our national parks relevant to teenagers or young kids that come on my program

2. Get more activities for my family stroll so that I can be ready for anybody that comes on it.... two year old to eighty-two year old. Bring it on

3. What the heck are you going to do if the back rooms of the Ahwahnee are closed when you give your Ahwahnee tour sunday?

4. hitch hike to tuolumne to go climbing and camp out with amy, meg, and glen


Biggest lesson learned so far:

Interpretation is not a solid rock. It is like a parfait- with layers. You can not be a perfectionist and be an interpreter, or you will be stressed to the max 24/7. It is important to have a solid foundation, then build apon that foundation through trial and error. It takes time and experience... and it takes a light attitude to just have FUN with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment